Wedding Agency Karina®

Speed Wedding in Denmark

Required Documents - for Speed Wedding too:

Required documents for German citizens and for persons with a residence permit and place of residence in Germany:

1. Valid identity card or passport;

2. Advanced registration certificate ("Erweiterte Meldebescheinigung") with documentation of marital status, not more than four months old at the wedding appointment; Example (Link)

3. Residence permit or settlement permit, visa for Students or AuPair, including temporary residence permit ("Fiktionsbescheinigung") for citizens of other countries;

4. If a fiancé is a widow/widower or divorced: Death certificate, divorce decree stating that the divorce is final or a proof of annulment of marriage.

Required documents for other EU citizens:

1. Valid passport or ID-Card;

2. Certificate of marital status, please ask us for further information concerning the country in question, not older than four months at the date of the wedding

3. If widowed or divorced: Death certificate, divorce decree stating that the divorce is final / divorce certificate or proof of annulment of marriage.

4. Proof of residency - is not required by all registry offices

Required documents for Non-EU citizens:

1. Valid passport with Schengen visa or respectively an entry stamp when entering the Schengen area;

2. A registration certificate / proof of residency, eventually internal passport or ID-Card - is not required by all registry offices;

3. A non-marriage certificate / certificate of marital status, not older than four months;

4. Divorce decree / divorce certificate (stating that the divorce is final) respectively death certificate each endorsed with an Apostille respectively legalized;

Here you can find samples of certificates of marital status, please choose your county (Link):

Albanien, Austria/Österreich, Belarus/Weißrussland, Belgien, Brasilien, Frankreich, Irak, Israel, Kasachstan, Kirgistan, Kosovo, Kroatien, Mexiko, Moldawien, Niederlande, Philippinen, Russland, Schweiz, Spanien, Thailand, Türkei, Ukraine.

Other samples on demand.


Certification/Legalization: endorsed with an Apostille, if the document is issued in a so called Apostille country (Link), or legalised by the Ministry of Justice/Internal Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as well as by the local danish embassy in the respective country. A legalization issued by a german consulate will not be recognized in most cases. An overview of all danish embassies and consulates you find here Danish Embassies Worldwide (Link)

Documents issued in all EU countries as well as in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Turkey and USA have not to be certified.

If you can not provide all documents in the manner as stated above, we will find in most cases a solution for you.

All document must be issued in German, English or Danish. The wedding ceremony will be carried out in one of those three languages. For all other languages you must provide an interpreter, or e.g. a marriage witness, speaking the respective language, the witness may be provided by the bridal couple themselves. Translations of foreign documents must be notarized, or e.g. translated by a sworn Translator in Germany.

The relevant original documents must be presented personally by you at the personal registration of your wedding at the registry office. This usually has to be done one day before the wedding ceremony.

Important! Our agency requires an Order form (one page) completed and signed by the bridal couple. For opening and viewing PDF files you need the Adobe Reader (Download-Link).

All documents have to be send to ourThis email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. preferred as scanned copies in good quality and in colour. You may also send photos via WhatsApp to +49 163 439 19 83 or colour hardcopies to our Postal Address. We require as well a hardcopy of the completed and signed notice of marriage , please complete and sign only page 4 and 5, first page can be omitted.


You receive a list of documents from our agency, including all documents which have to be presented in original when registering at the registry office. If original documents are missing at that personal registration, it may happen, that the registry office refuses a wedding appointment. Nevertheless, in such a case, our service is considered satisfied, because you are responsible for the accuracy of the data submitted and completeness of all entrained documents.

The arrangement charge paid to our agency will not be refunded in case you do not show up at the wedding appointment. Please note Terms and Conditions